Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Let's Go Fly a Kite!
One of the best memories I have of my childhood is flying kites in the fields with my sisters and my Papaw. We would stand for hours on windy days and fly butterflies, plain diamonds, birds of all sorts and gliders. There was only one tree in our field, and more often than not, the kite always landed in or near that walnut tree when the wind would die down.
This past weekend, my family and I restarted the kite flying. Alivia and Kevin both had kites that soared high into the sky. Jordan and I had a cheap kite and it was crippled. It would only fly sideways. That didn't stop or deter the laughter. (That was fixed! We bought new nylon gliders! )



Mary Poppins had it right, "Let's go fly a kite!" It does lighten your mood, and makes you feel young again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

Voting

our family

our family
the girls

family

family
our girls