Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone. My plans for a nice dinner were cancelled, as if that was a surprise. An outside force plus a serious sinus infection were to blame. I did still enjoy my day though, as much as a snotty nose would allow. This morning the girls and I went to a Lowe's Create and Build Workshop and made jewelry boxes. I am not a carpenter, but they turned out very well. They earned a patch from it for their tunics. I did take a nap, because the sinus meds I am taking are a killer. Through all of this, I think of I Corinthians 13. It tells us what LOVE is and what it is not. I have to read this chapter quite a bit about how love does NOT act. I read it as a reminder of how I need to love my family, my husband, and even myself. The part about being rude is especially for me. If I don't get my way, then I can get so rude with Kevin that after the fact, I am so embarrased. Today is a day to think about the Bible verse John 3:16, Jesus was God the Father's Valentine to us. We get Him everyday, not just once a year. In that verse is the word VALENTINE. Write it out, and look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

Voting

our family

our family
the girls

family

family
our girls