Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Revelations!!

I know the title of the blog sounds like the book from the Bible, but my thoughts aren't about that. Well. entirely. I took a long weekend to myself this past weekend. Something that I thought I really needed, and I did need a break from the same old same old, but it was not from my family, it was my physical environment. I admit it, I love the faster paces, the convenience of every store imaginable being within 15 to 20 minutes. The culture and opportunity. Then one the morning I was set to leave, I began to dread the 3 hour trip home. It was then that I realized that I would have to drive this far to see my family and to be able to slow it down a little bit. I love the fact that my yard is flat and that I can let my kids play in the yard safely while I am in the house. I can grow a garden in my yard. So after all of this rambling, I came to the fact that I can always drive to the city for a weekend, but I couldn't unwind or play outside as much or not worry about who my neighbors were. God put me in this little community for a reason, and it will just take time to see why.
I did enjoy so much seeing my old friends. I am glad that each of us are still with God and they have a wonderful ministry. They work with the youth of their church and I think that is so important especially in today's time. It is neat to see each of them with kids, especially Howie and Toni. They have a cute little girl who makes the funniest faces.
As I said before, God puts us where he wants us. Each of us has a purpose, to reach one or to reach many.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

Voting

our family

our family
the girls

family

family
our girls