Thursday, January 29, 2009

Memories


Today would have been my granny and papal's 59th wedding anniversary. I miss her more each day. It was a sobering morning, then my attitude changed. I am finally going on a ME ME ME weekend. That may sound selfish, but I have been selfless for the past 7 years. I so need a break from the daily grind.

The title of this blog is memories. That is what I am hoping to make this weekend. I plan to visit some old friends from college and to see some neat little sites along the way. I want to make it up to the Marble King, the Homer Laughlin Plant and to a spa. I haven't had my nails done in 8 years. Most of all I am looking forward to a weekend to spend some time with alone with God, to get my bearings and just seek Him. I want to find out what He has in store for me and what works that I need to be doing. It is amazing at my own change in attitude. Things that used to upset me just don't have that privilege anymore.

I have my trip almost planned out. I am still working on the little things. I am looking for neat places to eat. My trip one way is 189.17 miles. That is directly to my friend's house. So I am guessing 250 each way.

My kids are not happy about this trip. They wonder what they are going to eat while I am gone, plus they just don't like to be left behind. Jordan is especially upset with me. She wants to shop, do her hair and nails and hang out with mom. Alivia- I think she could care less. Kevin is especially supportive of the trip. He knows that I need this. He simply asked me when I was coming home. He didn't TELL me, he ASKED me. It is nice when a marriage works that way. Consideration. A gift that is learned.

Enjoy your weekends, hopefully no snow will invade our plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

Voting

our family

our family
the girls

family

family
our girls