Sunday, January 25, 2009

Love is in the AIR!


Oh...Valentine's Day is coming up and every year I try to think of something neat to do for Kevin. This year I though it would be cool to take in some authentic Italian cuisine. My husband's paternal grandmother was a GI bride from Naples, Italy. She passed away shortly after Kevin and I started going out. He misses those hearty meals of lasagna, spaghetti, brushola, and numerous other dishes. So, I started searching the web and realized that there was a highly rated cafe just 1/2 hour from my home. Cafe Cimino. I found their website and checked out their menu and my mouth started watering!!! I can't wait until Valentine's day myself. I actually get to dress up and go out to dinner with my husband! We are celebrating our 6th Valentine's as a married couple and I think it is important to still go on dates. I love the freedom to laugh, go to the bathroom alone, and not share my food with someone who doesn't like their's. If only for a few hours. It is those few hours that reconnect you with someone or even yourself. I haven't made up my mind about what else I am going to do as part of a "Package of Heritage" gift. I don't have much time to come up with it either. If any of you have ideas, tell me on facebook. (in the message section). I hope that each of you have a special Valentine's day. You don't have to be with someone to appreciate yourself. Hey- pretty profound isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

Voting

our family

our family
the girls

family

family
our girls