Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Let's Play in the Snow!!

Snow, Snow and more Snow. The public school system hasn't had but 3 days of school in the last 10. We have trucked along though, we did take Monday off for MLK jr. Day. Today was a good day. Jordan is learning the long a sound and that most of the time the e is magically silent. Our ocean unit is going well. We read the book, "She Sells Seashells by the Seashore" today. Yes- it was hard for me to read. They thought it was funny. Alivia is counting objects to 10. Jordan is counting objects by 2's. Today we used seashells as our objects. We start on counting by 5's next week and also subtraction. We were very busy today. We are still talking about Day 4 of creation and the seasons.
Kevin didn't have to work today due to the weather, so after school and lunch we headed outdoors for some fun in the snow. There has got to be some use for it after all. The girls and their dad had a blast sleight riding. I was the camera woman. I laughed so much I think I have wrinkles around my eyes now.
I will bet it amused our Lord too. To see grown people enjoy this day with their children must make His heart glad. I am thankful each day for my children and the joys of hearing their laughter. My husband laughs just as loudly as my kids. Next time it snows, get outside and just laugh. It does a heart and your soul good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

Voting

our family

our family
the girls

family

family
our girls