Saturday, January 24, 2009

GEOCACHING HERE WE COME!!

As a Girl Scout Leader in a very rural area it is hard to find things to do that are accessible and affordable at the same time. I was browsing the web and saw something about geocaching. I had heard about it from one of my friends on facebook, so I started exploring. I have signed up for it and am now looking for an affordable GPS unit. I can't wait to take my troop on a treasure hunt. I think they will be great at it. Another thing that I hope to expose them to is glass making. WV has a long history of glass making. In March we are checking out the WOW Factory in Mo-town WV. I hope to schedule a demonstration at Hinkle's or another one in Weston that day, to show them how people make glass.
We are gearing up for the Disney on Ice show in February. After that we are going to the Clay Center to participate in "Girls in Engineering" day. There are going to be several displays and booths for us to participate in.
Hope everyone is warm. It really won't be long until the tulips and Easter Lillies are poking through the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

Voting

our family

our family
the girls

family

family
our girls