Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow



I used to love the snow, but it has snowed constantly for about one week, not to mention that it dropped below zero a few times as well. I think snow is fantastic from December 23rd to January 2nd and then it needs to warm up to 65 degrees. My kids on the other hand, think it is the best thing. Alivia (4 yrs) thinks that it is Christmas when it snows. Today we went to the library and the whole time we were there she could not wait to get home to play in the stuff. She loves to make snow angels. I have a heavenly host all over my yard. Jordan loves to bomb her dad with snowballs whenever he is in the vicinity. She laughs the entire time she is outside. It is a great noise that I love to hear. This snow isn't the best for snowmen and thank goodness for that, because every time they make a snowman, I lose my hats, scarves and gloves. I find them when the snow finally melts about a week later.


School went well today. We are doing a unity on the ocean. We did math with seashells and we talked about salt water and fresh water. Liv thinks that her beta Ol' Blue would like to live in salt water. So, I had to hide the salt shakers. It amazes me at how interested in marine life my girls are. Jordan is learning a new /a/ sound. She picked it up very quickly. Liv is learning the letter D and we are still working on the number 2. She makes them backward but she knows how to count objects out. We have been working on fine motor skills too. Scissors can be tricky for 4 year olds. Hopefully we will start piano lessons in the near future and that will be fine art exposure for them. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

Voting

our family

our family
the girls

family

family
our girls