Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Kids




Today after school Alivia was playing on our big whiteboard and she tells me to "Watch and learn, mommy." She is so funny. Yet- this evening when I was fixing supper I started to think about something. I am not one to watch and then learn. I am the one who learns the hard way. I don't read the directions to a project and then I wonder why the bookcase is lopsided.


I am learning side by side with my kids in school. Sometimes what works with Jordan does not work with Alivia and then vice versa. I have to watch them and learn that something isn't working for them. My kids have a different learning style than I do at this stage.


We got our books from Alpha Omega this week. I was so excited to get them. I love Alivia's set of books, but I think I messed up on Jordan's. I ordered her the Kindergarten level, and the only thing in the math book that we haven't covered is the telling of time. The Language Arts section is about the same. It does show how other letter combos make the long vowel sound. So once again I am resourcing from the internet and other matierials that I have here at home. It is a dillema that I am in. I don't want her to work ahead, but I don't think that I have much of a choice at this time.


At this moment my kids are playing dodge balloon with their daddy in the living room. So far nothing has been broken and noone is crying. That is a miracle in itself. They have such a good time playing with their dad, but the house suffers for it afterwards.


I am still doing laundry and putting up my clothes from my weekend in the panhandle. I think about my friends and the lives that we lead now. It is great to see that everyone is doing the works of God, in some way or another. What ever your calling, do it with all of heart, soul and being and you will inherit the kingdom of God. What a great incentive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

Voting

our family

our family
the girls

family

family
our girls